First impressions make a significant impact on a buyer's decision-making process!
Once your Condo goes on the market, it becomes a product.CondoStyling or Staging simply allows you to highlight the best of your home and de-emphasize its flaws. It's not about decorating, but actually turning your Square One Condo into a model, to appeal to the broadest range of prospective buyers. The goal is to make people feel like they could live there, and the best way to do this is to "neutralize" the surroundings.
See below for a few helpful styling tips taken from Setting the Stage - REALTOR® Magazine Online. They've compiled the best tips from stagers and real estate pros—things you can do for little or no expense—to put a home in prime showing shape.
- Clear out closets and clutter—sellers can give away or pack up toys, linens, and small kitchen appliances to store offsite. Buyers are also forgiving of storage boxes neatly tucked away in storage.
- Focus most on the most visible areas—the foyer, kitchen, living room and master bedroom.
- De-personalize the home by removing photos, mementos, and dated items.
- Use plants in colorful pots or inexpensive wicker baskets to fill in empty spaces.
- Look to condo catalogs for little details on beautifying your square one condo. For instance, group books, pictures, and objets d’art appealingly on bookcases.
- Try angling one or two pieces of furniture slightly and move furniture 4 inches to 6 inches from the wall to create more interesting room spaces.
- Refrain from cooking anything that leaves a distinctive odor, such as fish, garlic, or cabbage.
- Hire a professional service to clean the condo, including the carpets and the windows.
- Arrange fresh or silk flowers throughout the apartment.
- Light a fire in the fireplace in fall and winter.
- Use as much natural light as possible. Add extra lamps in dark rooms or corners.
- Make functional repairs—fix dripping faucets, sticking doors, and broken fences.
- Bring in another pair of eyes—even if it’s not a professional stylist. The person may see problems you have missed.
Each home, and everyones situation, is different. Which means how much, or how little, you put into preparing your home will be unique to your situation. If you would like our professional opinion on how you can prepare your condo for sale, call us (6478902346), or fill out the form below to send us an email.